VPN Gate: Free Public Access VPNs
VPN Gate provides free access to a large network of volunteer operated VPN servers. In a failed attempt to enforce censorship, certain countries have blocked direct access to the VPN Gate server directory. In response, this page provides links to the latest VPN Gate mirror sites. Direct downloads of VPN Gate's OpenVPN server files is also available here.
VPN Gate Mirror Sites
Here is a regularly updated list of the mirrors. Visit these to get new VPN server addresses as the older IP addresses are blocked!Note: Mirrors Checked: 2015/10/07 15:29 UTC
VPN Gate L2TP/IPSEC Servers
VPN Gate's L2TP / IPSEC servers are listed below, and can enable connectivity if the more secure OpenVPN servers are blocked. These are operated in fewer numbers, but the small number of servers stay online for weeks at a time.Note: L2tp/IPsec Servers Checked: 2015/10/07 15:29 UTC
USERNAME: vpn, PASSWORD: vpn, IPSEC PRE-SHARED KEY: vpn
L2tp/IPsec Servers in the United States of America
L2tp/IPsec Servers in the Republic of Korea
L2tp/IPsec Servers in Australia
L2tp/IPsec Servers in the United Kingdom
L2tp/IPsec Servers in Japan
L2tp/IPsec Servers in France
L2tp/IPsec Servers in Singapore
L2tp/IPsec Servers in Iceland
L2tp/IPsec Servers in Italy
L2tp/IPsec Servers in Taiwan
VPN Gate OpenVPN Configs
Below is a list of popular VPN Gate servers located in various countries. Click on a "hot link" to obtain the servers' ovpn files. OpenVPN as implemented with VPN Gate is easy, since the encryption keys and certificates are contained within the config file. Just download one file, import it, and connect to the server!Note: Some mirrors do not allow hotlinking, and instead take you to the VPN server list.
Note: These links do not work if the site is blocked from your location.
Note: OpenVPN Configs Checked: 2015/10/07 15:29 UTC
OpenVPN Servers in the United States of America
OpenVPN Servers in the Republic of Korea
OpenVPN Servers in Australia
OpenVPN Servers in Japan
OpenVPN Servers in France
OpenVPN Servers in Singapore
OpenVPN Servers in Iceland
OpenVPN Servers in Italy
OpenVPN Servers in Taiwan
VPN Gate users in China should consider these hints to save time and connect more easily:
- Subscribe to the VPN Gate mirror emails. The main website is blocked, and email is a good way to get access to fresh server lists.
- OpenVPN servers, without protocol obfuscation, will be accessible for merely a few hours from within China. Be prepared to routinely go to the VPN Gate mirrors and find the newest servers. Select the ones with less than two hours of uptime!
- L2TP/IPSec servers seem to last longer, but may possibly be compromised by the Chinese censors. There is a reason they let more L2TP/IPSec remain functioning, and they do block them sometimes!
- Find working servers by pinging the servers' IP address before trying to connect. If the server responds, it is accessible for VPN service.
- Be flexible and attempt to connect through different countries. If servers in the USA are blocked, try the United Kingdom or South Korean servers, etc
- Never ever quit. Never surrender to the Golden Shield Project.
VPN Gate is a good system for circumventing internet censorship. It is evolving as censorship evolves, and really leaves no alternative to censoring countries except to disconnect from the global network. Beware, as China, North Korea, Iran, and Syria appear to be moving in that direction. That will be their loss as the rest of the world moves onward.
Tags: vpn gate, l2tp vpn, openvpn, free vpn, public vpn, tsukuba vpn, open vpn